Re: rebloom, was AIS:REB:Judges Handbook

I frequently have 'Eleanor Roosevelt' start to produce flower stalks in
late autum, which "stall" when warm weather comes.  Sometimes these hold
until early spring and open flowers just before or with the spring stalks.
Technically, I would consider these to be rebloom stalks, but the flowers
actually open in the next growing season.  How would all of you classify

Another comment.  I've noticed that some Iris, notably IBs seem to rebloom
best after a summer dormancy.  We have hot dry summers here, and it seems
to me that if the plants are allowed to go yellow, dry up, and become
thoroughly dormant, they send up flower stalks like crazy in the late
summer/autumn.  Some of these same Iris apparently don't rebloom well for
me at all if I keep the fresh and green all summer (which is actually
rather difficult to do here).  I'd have to grow these for several more
seasons before I am certain about what is causing what to happen though.