Re: Re: Rebloom:Judge's Handbook

In a message dated 7/14/2003 6:40:45 PM Central Standard Time,
Ranchiris@aol.com writes:

> It's 108 outside right now - I could
> sure use some ideas!!

Kathy, it's too late for today, but one thing that helps is to plant where
something will cast a shade in the afternoon heat.  In the past, I've
accomplished this with trees, the house, etc.  My seedling bed here is planted on the
east side of the house and most are in shade by mid-afternoon.  Shade cloth
might work in some cases.  Seedlings now growing in the country have no such
protection and are doing well in the upper 80's. But it's not the same as the 100+
that they've endured in the past.  This is why cyclic rebloomers with early
bloom date are better for me.

Betty W in South-central KY zone 6