Re: Re: HYB: REB: Report; Lady Emma

Hi Rita,

I didn't think of Lady Emma, and that brings up yet another question.  Is
'Lady Emma' really a MTB.  It always seemed to me that it should be classed
as an IB, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong plant?  The ones I've called
by that name flower early with the IBs, they look more like the old IB's,
and they rebloom.  Mine would look rather out of place with the other
MTB's, but since they don't bloom at the same time, that wouldn't be much
of an issue.  Also, mine have the purple leaf sheath trait that seems to
come from dwarf genes (from I. pumila? or I. lutescens?).

Sort of a change in subject, but I've been looking for that purple sheath
trait now.  A lot of the SDB's show it, and a few of the IB's show it too.
I'm starting my own list of PBF and purple sheath plants, based on my own
plants.  Never paid attention till I joined this forum.  I only have one
SDB that has PBF, and wonder if it has I. variegata in it.  Will look up
the name of that one later.

Thanks,

Dave