Re: Re: HYB: REB: Report; Lady Emma

In a message dated 7/16/2003 5:47:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
DFerguson@cabq.gov writes:

> I didn't think of Lady Emma, and that brings up yet another question.  Is
> 'Lady Emma' really a MTB.  It always seemed to me that it should be classed
> as an IB, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong plant?  The ones I've called
> by that name flower early with the IBs, they look more like the old IB's,
> and they rebloom.  Mine would look rather out of place with the other
> MTB's, but since they don't bloom at the same time, that wouldn't be much

LADY EMMA always blooms in class here (as opposed to my favorite early MTB
BLUE CHIP STOCK which is always tall but I love it!)  I have LADY EMMA in the RE
bed where it gets more water (soaker hose) with my favorite SDB RE like
LITTLE BLUE EYES, SMELL THE ROSES  etc and it blooms later them and before the IB
RE like LO HO SILVER.  We have 200+ MTBs and although LE is not next to them,
she displays all the characteristics of an older MTB.  Like I said, not great
form but dependable rebloomer so in October, she looks pretty good to me!!

Let me know off-line if you want a picture for ID purposes.

Rita Gormley
Gormley Greenery
Cedar Hill, MO