Re: AIS: Serious Stuff about Judges' Ballots

laurief wrote:

> >"But semi-tropical and sub-Arctic irisarians have the same deadlines,"
>
> Which, in terms of judges voting for awards, does not cause a problem for
> the semi-tropical irisarians who have plenty of time to evaluate the
> options they have viewed during their bloom season to make carefully
> reasoned choices for their ballots while the sub-Arctic judges are still
> waiting for their bloom season to cease so they can rush to judgement for
> their ballots.

Er, uh, did you read and understand the part of my email you clipped? Or
were you deliberately trying to portray me as insensitive by quoting
things out of context?

Voltaire was satirizing those who did not care about the downtrodden, by
use of irony. I thought I was making it clear that I was doing the same.

I apologize for the miscommunication.

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@comcast.net
American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director