Re: TB:HYB: M. Byers' notes, anybody?

In a message dated 7/19/2003 8:14:11 PM Central Standard Time,
showtime@bbtel.com writes:

> Sdlg # B-37-1  which is included in  MAUVELOUS
> Sdlg # B-37-2  included in both HANDS UP  and STARSHIP
> Sdlg # B-37-5  which is

Christian, I don't have Monty's notes . . . I would be curious to know who
DOES have them!! We corresponded some and I CAN tell you that B was Monty's
second year of  making crosses and 37 indicates the 37th cross (not necessarily 1
pod) listed for that year. From here I'm not clear whether he listed as they
bloomed or simply listed the keepers.

Yes it seems these were all from the same cross.  I was always amazed at the
irises he got from this cross, one I wouldn't have made because SKY HOOKS
didn't grow at all in my garden!  Somewhere I have a list tucked away, one he sent
out to several people, that listed the crosses he made either the year he
died or the year before that.

Betty W. in South-central KY zone 6