Re: RE: OT - RIS Website

Society:  http://www.rebloomingiris.com/index.htm

>>> Thanks to the Webmaster! <<<

Nice site! Who is this elusive webmaster? Couldn't find his or
her name. (Found a lot about Rosalie Figge, tho' :-)

I have a question about this: "In some far northern areas such
as Maine, there are also reblooming iris.J Some varieties of
Siberian and Japanese iris have been reported to bloom up to 10

*Could we know what they are so we can also get them? ;-)

The SSI does not use the term reblooming  since there really
isn't the kind of distinct two-season (or all seasons) bloom
associated with bearded classes. Rather, it is called repeat
bloom and is performs differently in the garden...usually the
clump is not done yet or throws up bloom stalks maybe 2 - 3
weeks after the first flush of bloom is over. But we remain
forever hopeful about seeing some true reblooming Siberian iris.

Ellen / New Hampshire's Northern White Mountains / USDA Zone 3a