Re: HYB: Bleach and seeds

Oneofcultivars@aol.com wrote:

> As a point in passing, sulfuric acid is used on some seeds to weaken or
> remove seed coats. It is also commonly used to remove the lint from cotton seed to
> prepare it for planting.

Hi Bill,

Also interesting, I was too tired to notice this  part last night. This
is also something I could try.  Do you have information on the strength
of Sulfuric  acid used or dilution ?

This stuff is quite dangerous and should be handled with respect.  It's
apparently excellent for dissolving body parts ;-) Quite a morbid
thought but it gives you an idea of how hazardous it can be.  When I
work with it, I use a face shield, respirator and a chemical suit so I
don't splash it on my arms.

Chris