re: HYB: removing germination inhibitors

I haven't had time to check, & post, but there is some information in
the Vallette book (which I need to return to John Jones!) about
experiments irisarians have done in the past trying to remove
germination inhibitors from iris seeds.  Varying degrees of success as I
recall.

Maybe there is additional info on the subject in the World of Iris, if
anybody has time & inclination to read up and post?

I think most of these experiments have been done with a limited number
of seeds or seeds from a limited background, & certainly under limited
variability of climatic conditions.  From what I've seen in my own
crosses and the experiments I did last fall with quite a few crosses
from various genetic backgrounds, variability in germination inhibitors
and removal of it is quite high.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8