Re: PHOTO: new camera

Adam, my first digital camera was a really wretched Polaroid for less
than $100.  Fortunately, it was defective & I was able to return it the
following week & trade up to a $200 camera, which was 'good enough' for
several years.

The second camera was an HP PhotoSmart that ate batteries, and got
quirkier as time went on about refusing to take photos unless I
extracted it's innards and let it rest for half an hour (to reboot its
brain), and developed some interesting rattles.  But it did well enough
for a few years until they came out with cheaper, much better cameras.

The current camera is a Fujifilm FinePix 2650 that I really like & was
also less than $200, & will keep until it starts acting up and a next
generation camera appears for less than $200.

My approach has been to buy what I can afford (low cost camera),
assuming that by the time it needs to be replaced, there will be a much
better, inexpensive camera available to replace it, rather than spending
a lot of money that I can't afford or waiting and saving up for a top of
the line camera that will be outdated in a hurry.  Sort of like PCs....

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8