From: "Adam Cordes" <adambo_iris@yahoo.com>
To: "IrisTalk" <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 6:59 AM
Subject: [iris] OT: Dig. Camera results . . .

> Hi Everyone!
> I finally found a digital camera!  The only problem is that I haven't
purchased it yet!  :-}  Here's what I found.  (A) There was a new Kodak at
Wal-Mart that was their highest seller.  Don't have the number, but it was a
3.1 mp Kodak with 3x manual zoom and 2x dig. zoom.  I thought that was good,
especially for just under $300.  BUT, I left it there.  Because. . . (B)
They carry the Sony Mavica MVC CD350.  This camera has a built in mini CD
burner, which has the capability of taking a 90 min. video.  (So, please
tell me, how many pictures you think this will hold?? :-)  This CD Mavica
has a 3x manual zoom and a 3x digital zoom without interpolation.
> Anyway, I like the idea of having a Sony, the CD transfer to my computer
for fast downloading, and the dual Manual and Digital zoom.  I have no idea
how long the batteries last. . . I believe that it is rechargable.  The one
downfall is that it is $500 for 3.2 megapixels!  (So I'll be saving up,
unless it's cheaper somewhere online.) But think of all the other cool stuff
. . .
> What are ya'lls thoughts?  Yay or nay?  Two of my friends told me to get
what I'm likin'.  In other words, get the camera that I like, not the one
that's going to get me by (that's what I did with my 35 mm . . . I love it,
but I wish I had bigger one).