Re: OT: Dig. Camera results . . .

Adam Cordes wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
> I finally found a digital camera!  The only problem is that I haven't purchased it yet!  :-}  Here's what I found.  (A) There was a new Kodak at Wal-Mart that was their highest seller.  Don't have the number, but it was a 3.1 mp Kodak with 3x manual zoom and 2x dig. zoom.  I thought that was good, especially for just under $300.

Sounds very good.

>  BUT, I left it there.  Because. . . (B) They carry the Sony Mavica MVC CD350.  This camera has a built in mini CD burner, which has the capability of taking a 90 min. video.  (So, please tell me, how many pictures you think this will hold?? :-)  This CD Mavica has a 3x manual zoom and a 3x digital zoom without interpolation.

Mini CD no longer makes sense (to me). Compact Flash thingies are about
$50 for 256 MB, and card readers are very cheap. You would probably be
happy with either. What functions are important to you?

BTW, IMHO, digital zoom is not good. It is using the camera's algorithm
for "zooming" rather than photoshop's. I would rather rely on the

American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA zone 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19