From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net]On Behalf Of John
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 10:34 AM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] OT: Dig. Camera results . . .

Just a couple of points:

I have had a friend tell me that the Mavica CD is a little slow on
recording. I had the previous model that used a floppy disk and there
were times I had to wait to take a second picture. I think that the CD
recording technology is a little slower, but don't have first hand
experience.  With my floppy version it was not a issue very often.

If the Sony CDs are re-writable then 3 for $19 is not bad. They are
reuseable probably for longer than you will want the camera. You can
play the CDs in a standard CD drive but not slot loaders (or at least my
Apple Titanium power book)

The memory card cameras do make it easy to load to computers as long as
you have an infrared port on your machine. Even without that there are
inexpensive memory card readers that are easy to use.