Re: OT: Introduction

Holly,

Shhh, don't fess up you didn't read all the way through that big intro
e'mail you got from the list administrator.  You'll set him off.  <snicker>
<goofball grin> <ducking for cover>.  He's a bit of a reluctant dragon.....

Anyway, welcome to the group.  I have found these people to be a wealth of
information and usually patient about the stupid questions that us newbies
ask.

Any one of us could give you a list as long as our arm of what we'ld have in
our gardens if we had the money and the time to weed it.  I'm all for the
find something you like and start there idea, but since you said you're
interested in hybridizing I'll come out and suggest that you get a
collection of some of the more recent Dykes Medal winners. (assuming of
course that you're interested in Tall Beardeds (TB's))  Since that is the
'highest' that a TB can achieve they will undoubtably be among the better
breeding stock to start piddling around with while you're figgering out what
it is exactly that you'ld like to speciallize in.

Just as examples of specialized hybridizing goal, for a reference point,  I
know that Betty W. likes rebloomers that are pink (if memory serves), there
are some breeders out there trying to perfect red.  I'll dabble in flatties
and greens for a while.  A fellow named Kasperek is working in something
called broken color, (go to the Zebra website from AIS links to see what
that is).  And then there's a whole category called Space Age (SA), someone
else will have to help you find the right source for explanation of that
one...

Anyway,  I'm having fun.  Just planted my third year of ordered iris this
afternoon.  I've harvested two years worth of seeds, no seedlings yet, and
I'm still having fun...

But, I'm kinda a wierd bird in the first place,

Christian
Ky