CULT: Dividing my "normal purple irises"

Last post for now ... I promise :)

Okay ... my existing bed of "normal purple irises" -- (do I call them iris
trojana (the name on the bottom of the botanical plate I found online)?) is
a raised bed, very full on the one end of irises ... also there are
daffodil in the bed too.  How do I go about digging, dividing and
replanting ... also, tell me about the bleach rinse to keep away rot?  Can
I trim the fans short while I'm dividing or should I leave them long?  And
when should I start working on this here in Zone 5b?

Also how about organic fertilizers?  I go organic with my other garden
"piddling" so I want to stay organic here too.  And Can I mulch them in
Zone 5b?

Lots of questions ... and I don't even know if I'm asking the right ones????

Holly D Tunning Canfield     TRAC - Buckhannon Area Triage Nurse
Buckhannon, West Virginia
Three Rivers Avian Center, Brooks, WV   www.tracwv.org
Federally subpermitted under TRAC