Re: CULT: trial run at seeds

Holly,

first, your 'normal purple iris' probably have a name, somewhere, somehow.
I hear if you like detective stuff it can be quite entertaining to try to
find out who you have.  It could also help you fill up your iris beds, (like
you'ld need any help).  If by some chance you got a picture you could post
it and someone somewhere might know who it is.

failing that the only thing stopping you from harvesting the pods to play
with is your curiosity/ambition.  The bad news is if you didn't do it
there's a good chance there are no seeds in the pod.  If you want to know
how to do it you should look up seed germination on the archives.  I know
it's at hort.net, but beyond that I'm not sure how to direct you to it.  If
you're determined you will be able to find it, look for chat or list or news
or something like that on the main menu.  (I always use my History button,
that's why I'm so useless.)

but first, since there is a lot of info in the archives, and it might take
you a few minutes(hours, days) to sort through it go look and make sure the
pods aren't already totally dried out and brown, or showing any cracks....

That'll get you started,
Christian
ky