PHOTO:AIS:Club:Rhizome Sale

Good morning Gals, and Guys,

You see, I have this camera, and I'm taking baby steps to learn how to use
it. <g>

Thought I would take this opportunity to discuss our club's, SKIS, rhizome
sale.  We take orders the day of our show.  There are people on duty in the
display garden to help people with their orders, but people are also encouraged to
visit the garden at intervals during the season and make notes.  They also
order from the show bench. Visitors are informed of the date of the rhizome

When it comes time for the rhizome sale, available rhizomes are dug from the
garden and then members supply anything else.  We try to order in anything
that the members can't supply.  This year our supplier didn't get the iris to us
and many iris people went home disappointed.

A club member, Irene Hughes, coordinates the order, rhizomes, dig dates, etc.
 In the enclosed picture, the bags lining the driveway are those pre-orders
taken at the show.  These people were contacted to pick up their orders the day
of the sale.

Further down you see the tables.  Rhizomes, left overs from these digs and
more, are displayed in short cardboard boxes.  They are listed alphabetically
and many have pictures stapled to the boxes.

This is all set up along the tree lined drive way of the school where we have
our show.  The display garden is in close proximity for easy digging of
forgotten treasures, the trees provide shade until mid-afternoon . . . and a good
time is had by all!

I took several picture, but this one best illustrates the bags of irises
waiting to be picked up.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6

[demime 1.01c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of SKIS Sale_1.jpg]