Re: R&I

I am amused that some of you are suggesting that the Iris R&I lists should be
put onto CD's for sell to all of us. This is exactly what has been done now
for over three years in the American Hemoricallis Society. The sell for $25
each year a CD that has all registered daylilies through the year just ended.
I bet they don't even worry about selling the printed R&I lists anymore. You
might also be interested that the daylily registration process now required
the submission of a photograph of the daylily being registered.  You can see
where that is leading to! How about R&I's with pictures.

I have suggested to several board members over the last two years we use the
approach be taken by AHS, and was told that they did not want to hurt sales of
the printed books. If the CD's were to undermine sales of the published books
then the Society might not be able to unload them. It is a shame that we are
not more concerned about giving the members what they want!

Glenn Grigg, Raleigh, NC Zone 7
Where it is too hot and humid to dig iris