Re: AIS: R & Is

The 'modern' age has led us into a variety of formats for sharing
information, some of which many members use and others only a
few but with time more and more people adjust to newer ways.

Keeping up with the times is sometimes hard to do, but I think the
powers that be should at least try.  I know it costs money, but let's
be aware of the needs of the casual user, the researcher, the
expert.  Books, CDs, computers are all apart of the mix, and for one
to be adamently opposed to the production of one or the other
seems to defy progress.  So, it is with the R&Is and Cls.

Nobody seems to want to debunk the camera business.  I still see
those throwaway cameras that give fuzzy pictures, film cameras,
and now the more complicated digital.  Eventually some will
disappear.  To me, it's the same with the several formats of R&Is
and CLs.  We should have something for each level of expertise.

I don't have a digital camera or laptop, but I am looking.  I would
also like the CL data on a CD.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Having monsoons again).