CULT: Raised Beds Hollly

You definately need top soil above the caly which willretain to much moisture
and iris rots will suck it up and end up rotting the iris.  so prepare
themwith some sand above the clay and then some loam. Iris do nots like the
nitrogen, sodo not improve with much manure.
Spend the extra money and do everything at once and get it going.. that way
yu can arrange by color or combos of color the way you really want.
I seem to find that people start out liking pink iris then mature to other
Haven't met an iris I didn't like.
For example:  I now like Tea Leaves TB S. greenish bamboo tan, F. pale
viloet,       Sky Hooks TB   yellow violet horns ,  Thrillseeker TB S. yellow F.
violet but all over  pal ish,     Thornbird TB    S. ecru F.tan  viloet horns and
Triple whammy S. yellow F. lavendaer which were all sunset collection from
Suttons at 2-3$ each.
I find the BB really do better? more estabilished? multiply more? and SDB
spread like wild fire.
I have also added Sibs and Japenese which contue the bloom. But prefer acidic
soils to the alkaline loved by the tall beard.
Now i am thinking I will be liking the browns and pruples like Gypsy Belle
TB plum  with brown borders. and do a collection with those colors.
but do ti all at once it is really easier.
Good luck

Doreen F. McCabe
The Garden House
176 Carlisle Rd