Re: CULT: raised beds

If the raised beds are contained, then 12 inches is probably too
narrow.  Although it would provide enough room for the smaller irises
that don't thrive in my climate, I think it would heat up too much,
unless the sides of the container were heavily mulched or buried in
mulch.

Most of my irises are in plowed rows where the centers of the rows have
turned into raised beds about 12 inches wide.  This is plenty of width
for a bed that isn't contained.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8