Re: R&I Photos

Sandy Ives, in replying in an entertaining style about my suggestion that
 someday in the future AIS might want to capture pictures of introductions,
said the following:

    "So... if I introduced a plicata, I could easily send an image of 'Rare
    Edition'.  So long as it wasn't something along the lines of 'Momentous
    Occasion' who would be able to tell the difference on a 72 dpi monitor?"

So Sandy, who verifys now that what a hybridizer submits as a "new" iris
cultivar is in fact something new?    As for pictures being "true"
to the real flower, how many of us have made purchases based on photos
in a catalog?    As to some of the very overstated written descriptions, I
would just as soon have a slightly off color photo! Maybe then you might have
an idea of what the color description is trying to say.

Glenn Grigg, Raleigh, NC Zone 7