Re: TB: Success of Assorted TB in Zone 5b

John Reeds wrote:

Aw, c'mon. Depends on the flower.
Different strokes for different folks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No doubt. I have no problem with the fact that some folks like things that are odd to my eye. For me, personally, though, it doesn't depend on the flower. I've never seen a SA that I thought was improved by the appendages. I *have* seen some SAs that my thought was, "That would sure be a pretty flower if it just didn't have those ugly, deformed appendages sticking out." Certain flounces and spoons are not *too* bad.....but that is as far as I can go. ;-)

I, for one, would not like to see a beauty like SELECT CIRCLE marred by appendages of any kind. But that's just me.... :-)

Bill Wells (in southern MO where the all irises received so far are planted, but more potted perennials keep showing up wanting to be planted, hot sun or not)

The problem is, too many SA breeders
insist on introducing barking flowers with no redeeming features except for
distinctive appendages.  I'd love to see Select Circle (for example) with
flounces.  I just made that cross, we'll see how it turns out.
John ReedsGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :