Re: eye of the beholder (was TB: Success of Assorted TBin Zone 5b)

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and your opinion is that they are
not beautiful.  This doesn't mean they are undesirable freaks of nature
to every one, they are simply not your cup of tea.

My wife has always considered the irises I grew to be boring until I
added a number of broken color irises to the bed.  When GNU'S FLASH
bloomed this Spring, she walked up to it and was mesmerized by it.  She
was also taken with the big blue SA CANAVERAL.  She found these two very
unusual and interesting.

As a guy who's struggling  to hybridize in a miserable climate with
little success, I find myself bored with normal TB's.  If I was ever to
introduce something, I wouldn't want to introduce just another unwanted
TB to an already over crowded market.  I'd want to introduce something
that is not run of the mill, something that somebody would look at at a
convention and say, "wow".  Having said this, I doubt I'll ever
introduce anything since this is going to be one hell of a tough

This is why all my crosses involved SA, RE and BC and hopefully Arilbred
into the mix next Spring.  I have even crossed SA's with my toughest
historics in hopes of coming up with stronger growers.

If I could just get these things to bloom, I'll be happy.