Re: Re: AIS: R&I images (and other related items)

In a message dated 7/31/03 4:20:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DFerguson@cabq.gov writes:

> On the other
> hand, even one photo usually gives a fairly good idea as to how a given
> cultivar will look, as long as you realize that the flower will vary from
> place to place, and may not look exactly like the photo.

As a small-scale hybridizer, my problem with photos of my registrations is
getting the color to look anything like the actual iris.  I am not in a position
to hire a professional photographer with all kinds of special equipment to
take the photos.  Of course, my biggest problem is with blue irises that look
sickly red-purple on my slides.  This problem has gotten worse in the past few
years as film is being changed to make people look better, not flowers.

Dorothy Willott in Northern Ohio