Re: HYB: pods (and welcome)

That's the way it is here, too, Linda. I harvested six pods last Saturday and Sunday, all SDBs and all of which were already split. Was picking seeds out of the mud, but maybe didn't lose any. The critters would have drowned trying to get at them to eat them. Seriously, the new box beds really proved their worth in standing up above the accumulated water. So far, all bee pods have turned out to be empty. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Mann" <lmann@lock-net.com>
To: "iris- talk" <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 7:55 AM
Subject: [iris] HYB: pods (and welcome)

I found seed pods ripe and splitting open this morning!  This year has
totally gotten away from me.  8 weeks is a little fast for pods to
finish here. I haven't started 'riding the fence line' every day to
check on them, but I guess it's time.

Now to decide whether or not I'm going to try to get early germination
out of any of these....

Welcome to the group, Dee.  As Anner says, busy time of year.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8