Re: Re: OT-CHAT: Spring Commeth

NPR is National Public Radio and has little to do with MO. I was just trying to toss out a gentle reminder that global warming is more of a political issue than it is a scientific issue. With NPR's decidedly liberal slant, they generally embrace those advancing that theory (with or without scientific evidence), but there are also many scientists who believe the evidence is insufficient or even contraindicating.

From our local view, we see wild swings in weather that appear as climate changes, but our experiences are too limited in time and location to make any general assumptions about something on a global scale. I've seen some amazing variations in my locale over the last 26 years of observations, but patterns are probably illusory.

Since I'm from the Show-Me State, I have to conclude that the jury is still out on global warming. That's all.. :-)

Bill Wells (in southern MO where my little part of the globe was definitely warming today!!! Sheesh!)