Re: global warming, npr, etc.

In a message dated 7/3/2006 8:44:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wells@train.missouri.org writes:

There  are posters here whose every post I find distasteful. Even though
their  posts seem to me to reveal a pretentiousness and arrogance that
nearly  gags, I would not consider trying to silence them. Instead, I
practice  forbearance.

Why don't you just delete their posts unread? They seem to upset you to a
dangerous degree, or so we have heard before, also in  extremely strong
language. In fact, I'll make you a deal: I'll delete your  posts unread if you will
accord me the courtesy of reciprocation.
As for political comments, as I understand the matter- -and this is
addressed in the List Welcome Message--- politics are a category of  subject expressly
verboten on the list. Using a subject header that  would be apposite if the
subject were not specifically to be  avoided  does not change that fact.
I'd say your post had an overtly political slant, and Lowell  responded to it
as he saw fit, offerring an object lesson in why we don't  discuss politics
here. It is like any other social venue: One does not introduce  subjects that
are likely to lead to fights because most folks don't  think discord is fun.
Goodbye, Mr. Wells.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA