Re: HYB: TB: Obsidian

Thanks Fred - that's what I was hoping for.  I'm assuming that it
(OBSIDIAN) would have both "yellow" and "blue" pigments all the way
across the haft (i.e., no white zone)

The strength of the seedlings from the black version of BLACK ANDROMEDA
has been disappointing, in spite of being crossed with a really strong
seedling.  So I'd like to find another source of those haft pigments to
add to my messy kids. OBSIDIAN looked like it was making pollen
everywhere in Portland in spite of the rain, so maybe will do the same
here.  Guess I better get busy and order some.

And thanks for the tidbit about RAR - I tried it on a few things just
for width and substance, have no idea what to expect re: pattern.  Only
one that matured a pod is a reblooming pastel yellowish blend seedling
from IMMORTALITY, CELEBRATION SONG and TEA LEAVES.  From this cross, who
knows what will turn up.  Hopefully a few more strong rebloomers,
probably all boring pastel yellow!

<I have used Obsidian in a cross with Ring Around Rosie in hopes of
pulling
                        interesting plicatas out of  the cross. No
plicatas but some really  nice
                        smooth reds! Ring Around Rosie doesn't act like
regular plicatas in  crosses. For
                        the time being I'm classifying it as a "kind-of,
sort-of, maybe-a  plicata."

                        Fred  Kerr
                        Rainbow Acres>

--