From: owner-iris@hort.net
[mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of Molly
Denza
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:06 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: RE: [iris]HYB:Lace Pod Covers

Is this the same across the country or specific to
your region? Should I be looking for mature pods
on my plants now or later in zone 4 ?

Molly D

>At this point in the iris season, it's not
uncommon to come back from
>the garden with several seed pods.  All my
pockets will hold.  The lace
>pod covers have an additional function at this
time.  I can place the
>pod  and it's tag
>in the lace bag, wrapping the excess bag around
the pod.   Several little
>lace
>packages can fit into one pocket without fear of
mixing the  pods and tags.

>Of course, I could come up with some type of
divided container to carry
>around in the garden, but  . . .
>
>if it's not broke don't fix it!  This works for
me.  Can't access  the
>archives just now but the picture of the pod
cover is June 2005.   (Photo

_______
>If you  don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
>Betty W. in South-central  KY Zone 6 --- Bridge
In Time Iris
>Garden@website:
>_www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/_
>(http://www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime