Re: CULT: Merit grub control/imidacloprid

,ChatOWhitehall@aol.com wrote:I
  > Apropos, it is believed that the native host is  Iris versicolor, a beardless species with wetland preferences. <
  That is what I have always heard and, consequently, that is why I have few Iris versicolor in my garden. I have never had a borer problem and really don't know why. The only factors that differ from most is the combination of
  altitude and severe winter cold with abundant snow cover. New England is borer country but  AIS  friends (two actually) in northern Vermont who grow lots of irises have never seen a borer either.
  Not complaining - only complain about the lily beetle who revels in this climate and who I kill with great abandon and pleasure.

          Ellen Gallagher / ellengalla@yahoo.com / Editor, The Siberian Iris
  Berlin, New Hampshire - USDA Zone 3
Siberian iris list archives: http://www.hort.net/lists/sibrob/
  (1996 - 1998 messages not archived)