HYB:Seed planting

In a message dated 7/7/2006 10:56:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Bzzscheile@aol.com writes:

<<store in a cool dry area until Thanksgiving Day weekend when  they are

Barbara mentioned this on another thread.  Reminded me.
I want to avoid fall sprouts so, normally, I try to plant on Thanksgiving
Day weekend too!  In order to let the soil cool.
Last year Griff stated that he plants a month or so earlier without any  fall
sprouts.  I decided to give it a try.  Oct 29, 2005 turned out to  be a
lovely day to plant seed.  Since I had over 50 pots to fill, it took  most of the
day.  Watered every day for 5 days as is my practice.   Somewhere around Xmas I
covered the pots with straw.
Thanks for the advise, Griff.  It worked very well with no fall  sprouts.
Better germination this spring.  I no longer feel the need  to suffer in the
cold to plant seed!

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: