Re: new TB purchases today

In a message dated 7/7/2006 6:21:38 A.M. Central Standard Time,
mollyd1953@hotmail.com writes:

What  kind of results were you looking for when you used Honky Tonk Blues and

Sweet Musette? I'll add the two you suggest to my wish  list.

Hi Molly,

Let me first say, that I'm a fan of Schreiner's blue irises.  Plus both
HONKEY TONK BLUE'S, and YAQUINA BLUE'S, were Dykes medal winners,  for the
Schreiner's, that was the main reason I made the cross. Also I had  learned that both
irises shared some of the same parentage. From that cross, I  only ended up
with four seedlings, which only one has bloomed so far. It is a  reversed
amoena, with HTB markings on the falls. If your an iris-photo's member,  you can see
a picture of it in the archives, Feb. 05', under the heading "early  spring!"

Back six or seven years ago, the Sutton's had several nice intro's  using
SWEET MUSETTE, even one, George Sutton, named after his wife, so you know  it had
to be a good one! <G> The seedlings I have from SM, I'll just try  crossing
them with newer irises. This may be of some interest to you,  it's on Brighton
Park Irises home page, and it's titled "A tribute to  Schreiner's iris
gardens.http://www.brightonparkiris.com/schreiner.html

Jim