Re: CULT: Preemergent

In a message dated 7/16/2006 3:35:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jgcrump@cox.net writes:

<<So, I like to water it in first, time permitting, and pull a  few pesky
weeds later on.  --

Griff, is it not possible to just plant the irises then apply the  Preen and
water it in?

I'm sorry if this is an idiotic question, but I don't use the stuff.  The
only preemergent I use is Surflan, and that on the gravel  parking area. Very
effective.

Have we heard of anyone actually having trouble using ANY pre-emergent on
newly set rhizomes, trouble clearly linked to the use of the chemical, or  is
the received wisdom on this actually largely theoretical? Do you  know?

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA