RE: Re: CULT: Bacterial Soft Rot,

  • Subject: RE: [iris] Re: CULT: Bacterial Soft Rot,
  • From: "Char Holte" cholte@wi.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:11:47 -0500

Hi,
Where do you buy this product?

Char
New Berlin, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-iris@hort.net
[mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of
Birdwoman424@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:05 PM
To: iris@hort.net

Hello Laetitia,
As you may recall I live on Long Island - hot,
humid, rainy. For last few years, I have used a
product named OxiDate. Since it's usage, I have
had no bacteria rot, leaf spot or signs of fungus.
OxiDate is a clear liquid, sort of like a super
strong peroxide solution that you dilute with
water and spray on the plants. A little goes a
long way. With the first application, I sprayed
the  leaves, rhizone and soil. Two weeks later, I
repeated this procedure. A total of  3
applications the first year. Second year I used it
twice. An organic gardener  turned me on to this
product. It's a little pricey but definitely worth
it. I  use plastic spoons with a oil base paint
pen as markers for my irises. I  did notice that
some of the writing on the markers faded slightly
from the  OxiDate.
Margie Brown, NY