Re: TB, Molten Embers

I checked out the photo at that site (thanks!), and it looks somewhat like my Molten Embers, but I think it's kind of a bad photo. I picked one of several photos I have, and I have placed it on my R14 website, at http://www.aisregion14.org/images/Molten%20Embers.jpg. You can see how blood red it is. It may be the reddest iris I own, and a historic to boot. It is so clean and tailored, and it's falls are flared, so it really stands out in the garden. Visitors often comment on this iris, as the color stands out both close up and from a distance. I don't think I've heard anyone comment on this iris in years, and I wonder if anyone is using it in breeding. I'm going to try crosses on it next year again (mine didn't take this year, rain on days led to fewer crosses).

There's a photo at http://www.brightonparkiris.com/schreiner.html courtesy of Carlos Ayento.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3
MIS & DIS Display Garden