Re: Re: CULT: Bacterial Soft Rot

No, I did need a permit to buy OxiDate. I ordered it from the  following:
Long Island Cauliflower Assn, Riverhead, NY 727- 2212
Just did a google search and found this link:
_OxiDate_ (http://www.biconet.com/disease/oxiDate.html)
_www.biconet.com/disease/oxiDate.html_ (http://www.biconet.com/disease/oxiDate.html)
I remember my first year fighting rot, leaf spot and borers, it was a
nightmare. I tried Clorox, scrubbing with Ajax, comet, replacing contaminated  soil,
moving irises to new location, aspirin, gypsum in the powered form seemed  to
help a little but, OxiDate solved the problem.
Remember what I said about the markers - it will fade the writing.
Iris Borers:
 Merit  75 wp - powder is  diluted in water and sprayed  on - worked on the
iris borers that were traveling down the leaves and  active. Difficult to get
but try:
 I have also used the Merit granular formula. I have to put that down  end of
March so it has enough time to work itself down into the  soil. What I am
trying to say, if you have iris borers now at this time of  the year, the Merit
75wp works. If you want to prevent them in the  future, use the Merit granular
form in early March to prevent new  infestation and get the ones that have
tunneled underground. When I use the  either Merit formulation, I spray/spread
about 2 feet from the outer perimeter  of my garden beds because I believe these
culprits do travel.
By the way, there was some discussion awhile back about drowning iris
borers. It has been my experience that adding bleach to the water is  not necessary
to drown borers - they just drown in plain water. I think the  purpose of
adding bleach to the water is to benefit the plant itself (  bacteria).
When I first joined this list, about 3 years ago, I knew nothing about
irises. Many people stepped up to the plate reached out and helped me - thank  you.
Now it is my turn to reciprocate - that's what this list is all about
sharing & exchanging ideas.
It's been a pleasure.... gotta run, lots of Maine Coon Kittens to  feed.
Margie Brown, NY