From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of Loberg
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 7:06 AM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: [iris] Re: CULT: Bacterial Soft Rot

Margie, I was hoping someone would have some new ideas on an old problem,
I appreciate your answer.   Something that will treat both bacterial rot and
iris leaf spot sounds good to me.  Do you know if OxiDate requires ag
to use, and if it is available to the average gardener through nursery

For everyone, the following two web sites are  about OxiDate.   Kitty

This site shows it available in 2.5 gallons for $126.00.

Organic growers can use OxiDate for soil and foliar applications on a wide
variety of crops to treat and control bacterial and fungal diseases,
Anthracnose, Botrytis, Mildews, Blights, Pythium, and Bacterial Spot and

OxiDate works immediately on contact through the oxidation of disease
organisms and their spores. A powerful chemical reaction denatures key
and proteins found in simple-celled organisms. Since OxiDate's action is
immediate, there is no chance for mutational resistance.

OxiDate is immediately available to organic growers. It can be applied
directly on seeds, bulbs, transplants and during all phases of plant growth
without damage to delicate plant tissue. After contact, it biodegrades into
components of water and oxygen, leaving no harmful residue on crops, soils
groundwater. OxiDate is fully exempt from US EPA pesticide residue tolerance
requirements, has a Zero-Hour REI, and a Zero-Day Pre-Harvest Interval.