REB:strange summer

Temperature have been high.  Humidity has been high.  It would  appear that
rain, though below normal, came at just the right times.  Iris  blooms spring
forth throughout the garden.  Just found two more  surprises.  One stalk from a
red (seedling) cross with two blooms  open!  Not pretty but a little
surprising.  Another sibling from the  1810 cross has a stalk up.
While on my way to cut a stalk of Violet Miracle, I found a stalk on Lord  of
Rings in full bloom.  Also, not really pretty (gives me more hope for
seedling) and even more of a surprise.  Lord of Rings was purchased in  2003, and I
almost lost it in the first 18 months or so, but now it has a good  sized
clump.  No spring bloom.  This is the first time it's bloomed  and there is a
second stalk.
Blooms on several seedlings and the older clump of Lunar  Whitewash.  Stalk
with no color on Frere Andre (Bissett).  Portion of  a stalk I brought inside
on October Sky has a beautiful bloom.  The  remainder of the stalk has
atrophied in the heat!
Crazy!  Wish it would cool down so I could enjoy them.  I'm going  to cut the
stalks and bring them inside so I can enjoy them!  And maybe  freeze some

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: