TB: Summer growth

My irises are under the most stressful summer conditions possible right
now.  Temperatures in the Glendale area (Northwest Phoenix) have been
110  degrees and above for over a week.  Saturday it was 118.  Many of
my irises have gone brown almost to the ground.  Some, including the
rebloomers, and some of my favorite seedlings are at least half green.
Marvin and I have put shade screen over the youngest seedlings, but
still I am going to lose some of them.  We had flood irrigation last
night, so I am going to wade out as soon as I can with a can of Clorox
solution to stop rot.  I'm sure I will find some.  They had gone three
weeks without water before this.  I find the more water they get at
these temperatures, the more they rot.  I suppose that is a function of
dormancy.  I don't expect any increase to show up, except on the new
seedlings,  until cooler weather.  Some varieties make their best
increase in the fall, while others seem to wait until spring, at least
in my garden.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9