RE: TB: Vigorous Summer Growth Question

  • Subject: RE: [iris] TB: Vigorous Summer Growth Question
  • From: "Williams, Michael" Michael.Williams@hgtc.edu
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:15:59 -0400

Thanks to all of you for your interesting information.

We've had *very* little rain around here for almost a month. Two or
three times we've had heavy showers that struck quickly and moved
offshore (one's about to hit right now it appears). I have not watered
or fertilized at all in that time. I just found it odd to see vigorous
growth in the hottest stretch of the year thus far. I've never noticed
that before. The two cultivars are Fiery Temper (Keppel) and Designer's
Art (Kerr).

Mike in SC, Zone 8