From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of
ChatOWhitehall@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 4:57 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] TB: Summer growth

In a message dated 7/24/2006 3:51:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ross@tomanderson.com writes:

Over 85  degrees, the plants shut down the openings on the leaves (stoma),
now we  have a sealed leaf with no release mechanism until the air
temperature  lowers so the stoma can once again open and release to the
open
air.

This is interesting.

Would you kindly tell us the source of your information, please?

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA