To: "iris- talk" <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 7:46 AM
Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: pods, seedlings

Griff, are you having as much trouble as I am with getting way more
pods, seeds, and seedlings than you can handle?

I had such poor success with setting pods and germinating seeds for so
many years, that I'm making <way> too many crosses.  Success rate has
been <much> higher the last couple of years.  Wound up with mature seeds
from 20 different crosses on IMMORTALITY alone this year.  Not to
mention the seven pods on three stalks of the unknown very late
bronze....

I would use a more unkind adjective that "wierd" to describe the weather
this summer.  :-(  I keep reminding myself that it could be worse....

<.... because I was still setting
                       out seedlings.  That's finally done, as of
yesterday.  Should have had them
                       done by early June, but weather was weird.  --
Griff>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8