Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:00:13 EDT
From: Bzzscheile@aol.com
Subject: [iris] HYB

Hello Robins:  I, too, am having space problems.  I was reading an old
journal I keep and in 1996 I mentioned ordering some plants with the
"Where am I going to put them."  I couldn't begin to ennumerate all the
I have acquired in the 10 years since.  I have decided that from now on
I am
only going to pollenate with one cultivar, my favorite, ELECTRIC SURGE.
also grow daylilies and have about 3,000-4,000 seeds planted in pots
which are
rapidly germinating BUT they will be grown about a mile away by a man
in growing them.  The heat and my age have taken a toll this year and I
definitely cutting down.  This will be my last year for crossing
daylilies.  I
have 18 PCI in pots that I will transfer this fall (originally 75).  I
about the same amount of established PCI and will probably continue to
work with
them.  I made some PCI/Siberian crosses which resulted in seeds and have

planed them.  I have been working with PCI for about 15 years and am
learning what it takes to get them going.  Once established they seem to
stand up
to the Texas hell where they live.
Barbara Null
Tyler, TX