From: irischapman@aim.com
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:37 pm
Subject: [iris] Re: Plants Ready for rebloom

I was checking fans of Immortaality and Queen Dorothy. Both plants that
rebloom reliably her in Aug/Sep and known to be summer rebloomers.B B They both had fans in clumps with 8 and 9 leaves, but no signs of
rebloom. Still the temperature in evenings are from 7-12 C every night.
Last year I noted rebloom on Immortality after evenings were minimum of
about 15C. IB B With no signs of rebloom as of yet, I'm suspecting the warmer nights
are needed by these cultivars, and probably all summer reebloomers in
order to stimulate rebloom. They certainly have the plant growth and
development needed so that is not the sole requirement.B B Could anyone keeping night temperatures try and se if they conect this to initiation of flower stalk development?B B Chuck ChapmanB B Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:46:52 -0400B From: irischapman@aim.comB Subject: [iris] Re:Plants ready for rebloomB B Plants are ready for rebloom when 6-7 leaves in fan. This countB includes any leaves that have dies.B B I was counting leaves on bloomstalks and always got 6 or 7. The countB included all dead leaves plus the leaves on the flower stalk. I wasB also counting leaves on the SDB rebloom and same count.B B Thus, you can now evaluate if the summer bloomers are ready forB rebloom but just waiting for right conditions. I was going to checkB Immortality tonight but skeetres were too hungry.B B Rebloom should occur about 2 weeks after event that triggers rebloomB B Could those people interested in rebloom triggers start checking theirB summer rebloomers for leaf count?B B ThanksB B Chuck ChapmanB B ---------------------------------------------------------------------B To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with theB message text UNSUBSCRIBE IRISB B