Re: REB: Plants Ready for rebloom

Night time temperatures have been between 60 and 70 for the last couple of weeks. It was staying in the low 70s for a week or so before that, but much cooler before that - some nights into the 40s. Before that... memory fades <g> But it was warmer at night then - probably about what it is now.

If there is some place on line to look up the timing of the "cold" fronts that have made it thru here for the last month or so, that would sort out the timing.

Humidity is incredibly low for this part of the world again this year - 27% yesterday. Unheard of for this time of year when it used to normally be 60 or 80% during the day..

Mike Sutton posted several years ago that he thought there was a link between humidity and rebloom - on the few occasions when humidity was very high, "CA" rebloom shut down. Hope I'm not misquoting you, Mike.

So there's yet another potential link to iris energetics (i.e., respiration, carbon & water...)

Chuck, do you think the timing would be the same whether TB or SDB? Intuitively, seems like the bigger plants would take longer, but maybe not...

<Rebloom should  occur about 2 weeks after event that triggers rebloom>

I counted leaf blades on a few things yesterday - I couldn't find a single IMM fan with more than about 5 leaves (didn't look at them all - way too many), but the IMM & LEAPS AND BOUNDS seedling does have 9 leaf blades, counting the dead ones.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8