From: irischapman@aim.com
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 5:30 am
Subject: [iris] Re: REB: Plants Ready for rebloom

Betty and LindsB B What are night time minimums for you right now?B B It also could be a temperature shift. For you a drop, for me a rise .B B Chuck ChapmanB B Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:29:55 -0400B From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>B Subject: [iris] Re: REB: Plants Ready for rebloomB B Chuck, I don't have recorded data on temperature in relation to rebloom,B but have observed over the years that rebloom (first open bloom) seemsB to start here in a lot of cultivars about 6 weeks <after> night timeB temperatures drop to around 50oF or lower. (Or something like that).B That usually hasn't happened here until August, but some years hasB happened off and on during the summer.B B Your observations combined with mine makes me think there may be aB sequence or range (or both?) of minimum/maximum temps necessary forB those cultivars that seem to be daylength independent here.B B Plus all the other requirements of rapid growth from water, nutritionB etc etc...B B I wonder if "CA" rebloomers would rebloom here if they had the health toB grow well in this climate.B B B Haven't counted leaves/fan yet.B - --B Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8B East Tennessee Iris Society <http://www.DiscoverET.org/etis>B B ---------------------------------------------------------------------B To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with theB message text UNSUBSCRIBE IRISB B