Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:29:55 -0400B
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>B
Subject: [iris] Re: REB: Plants Ready for rebloomB
Chuck, I don't have recorded data on temperature in relation to
but have observed over the years that rebloom (first open bloom) seemsB
to start here in a lot of cultivars about 6 weeks <after> night timeB
temperatures drop to around 50oF or lower. (Or something like that).B
That usually hasn't happened here until August, but some years hasB
happened off and on during the summer.B
Your observations combined with mine makes me think there may be aB
sequence or range (or both?) of minimum/maximum temps necessary forB
those cultivars that seem to be daylength independent here.B
Plus all the other requirements of rapid growth from water, nutritionB
etc etc...B
I wonder if "CA" rebloomers would rebloom here if they had the health
grow well in this climate.B
Haven't counted leaves/fan yet.B
- - --B
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8B