Re: REB: Plants Ready for rebloom

I think I can guess the answer - I don't take very good care of them. They are in crowded clumps that haven't been divided for ...10? years? I thin them each year for our annual rhizome sale, removing some of the bigger rhizomes, leaving the small ones.

I try to remember to fertilize after the last spring freeze, but since that coincides with spring bloom, sometimes they don't get fed till after bloom season. This year, thanks to tree on the house and being behind on everything, they still haven't been fed.

They also haven't had much to drink since bloom season.

One clump is in a convenient location to feed and water. I will see if I can encourage some plants to grow, but I suspect it is too hot to get much response from IMM. It will be interesting to see if it actually will grow in summer heat and humidity. Maybe that's one reason its foliage stays so healthy thru the "summer crud" season here - not tender and tasty enough even for bacteria!

<Why do I have higher leaf count?

Chuck Chapman>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8