From: J. Griffin Crump <jgcrump@cox.net>
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 6:08 pm
Subject: Re: [iris] TB: Anna Belle Babson vs. Beverly Sills

Barb -- Just working from photos, the differences I see are these:B B Beverly Sills' standards are laced, though not heavily, and more so
than the falls. Anna Belle Babson also shows a tendency toward lace,
but not really. Hager described BS as laced, but not ABB.B B BS' styles are laced. I can't see the styles on ABB's available photos.B B BS' beard is definitely pale at the tip, whereas ABB's is pink all the way. Hager describes ABB's beard as narrow.B B BS' falls have a "swag" effect; ABB's are slighter.B B Hager describes BS as "coral pink", ABB as "intense deep pink". In=2
photos I've seen, the range of color of both includes both
descriptions.B B -- GriffB B ----- Original Message ----- From: "Barb Johnson" <barbjohnson_62@hotmail.com>B To: "iris-talk" <iris@hort.net>; "iris-photos" <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>B Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:13 AMB Subject: [iris] TB: Anna Belle Babson vs. Beverly SillsB B
Hi, all,B B I have this wonderful pink clump that blooms every year. The person I
got > itB
from said it was Beverly Sills, but one of my friends who saw it is >
adamant that it is Anna Belle Babson.B B Can anyone tell me what might be the subtle differences between the
two so > IB
can tell them apart? It is my only clump so I'm not sure what I have.B B Thanks! -- BarbB B ------------------________________________________________________B Barb Johnson mailto:barbjohnson_62@hotmail.comB Near Springfield, SW Missouri USAB AIS, HIPS, MIS, RIS, TBIS, ISOB USDA Zone 5b AIS Region 18 (KS & MO)B Learn the natural way to health at: http://chetday.comB American Iris Society website: http://www.irises.orgB iris-talk/Mallorn archives: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/B iris-photos/Mallorn archives: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/B AIS Checklist Data: http://www.irisregister.comB B ---------------------------------------------------------------------B =0